Old Marston Venues and Buildings

Below are some of the building and venues in the Old Marston Area. Click on the link below for more information and contact details:

St Nicholas Parish Church; Church Hall and Committee Room; Mortimer Hall; Oxsrad; Old Marston Library; Pavilion

St Nicholas Parish Church

The church of St Nicholas was dedicated to the patron saint of sea-farers, pawn-brokers, children and all people in trouble. It was first mentioned in 1122 when Henry I granted the chapel of Marston to the cannons of St Frideswide’s.   (Newbiggin/Wood) Vicar: Reverend Skye Denno (vicar@stnicholasmarston.org.uk)

For a full history of the church  - click here

Also have a look at some historical pictures - click here

For information about services and activities and contacts go to their website at:


Church Hall  and Committee Room

The Church hall is used by and available for use by local groups and organisations. For enquiries and bookings, please contact Gill Hale at 64 Arlington Drive. Tel: OX248260.  http://www.stnicholasmarston.org.uk/about/church-hall/. Once a new school had been built in 1954, the old building, built in 1851 but much enlarged over time, was able to become the Church Hall. Over the next 50 years it has been put to good use as a meeting place, not only for the church, but for many other local organisations too. For more history on the school click here

Mortimer Hall

Location: Oxford Road, Old Marston Village

Contact: Chris Crane on 01865-727995

E-mail: bookings@mortimerhall.co.uk

Website: www.mortimerhall.co.uk - for information, archive pictures, archive minutes, activities and other information

Available: Saturdays and Sunday

Special Rates: Sunday Afternoons - children’s parties - £30 (maximum 30 guests)


OXSRAD aims to offer sports, recreational and leisure activities that are accessible to all (Fully Equipped Fitness Room, Sports Hall Activities Hall, Studio, Sensory Room, Fully Licensed Bar, Coffee Shop, Table Tennis, Treatment Room, Spa Bath).Our social and recreational activities cover a wide range of interests including keep fit, art and music and dance classes. OXSRAD is open 6 days a week  Monday-Friday 08.00 to 22.00 Saturday 08.00-17.00 Sunday 09.00-16.00.

Address – Court Place Farm, Marsh Lane, Marston, Oxford, OX3 0NQ.

Phone - 01865 741336

E-mail – info@oxsrad.org

Website – www.oxsrad.org

Old Marston Library

Tuesdays: 14:00-17:00 and 17:30-19:00

Thursdays: 14:00-17:00 and 17:30-19:00

Fridays: 10:00-12:00 and 14:00-17:00

Saturdays: 09:30-12:30

Facilities include: Internet access, photocopying, audio books, regular activities for children, return books from other county libraries, reserve and borrow books. For reference online from www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/referenceonline either in the library or from home. For online renewals and reservations see www.libcat.oxfordshire.gov.uk for details. The library is assisted by a team of volunteers. For more information contact 01865726823 or visit County website. For archive information including the Campaign to Save Old Marston Library - click here.


The new pavilion has replaced the above old pavilion which will be demolished and replaced with additional parking spaces. After this we will be looking at providing a new play area. We would welcome any comments regarding the play area or pavilion. You can also find out more information by contacting the parish clerk or on our Facebook and Twitter Sites.

Old Marston Parish Council is not responsible for the content of external sites

Church Hall, Elsfield Road, Old Marston